Beginners *FT Bachata 101 Start Dates:
- Mondays 7:30pm starts 19th May 2014
- Mondays 6:15pm starts 14th July 2014 Free 1st class (beginners, 1st week only) Course length - (4 weeks) 1hr each week, then progress to the intermediate level Level: Ideal for any dancer including absolute beginners.
once finished, progress to the next level...more info below No Partners required. Teachers: Reuben & Lise
Intermediate Bachata 201-301 Class Mondays 8:30pm Course length - 8 weeks (semi drop-in class) Teachers: Reuben & Lise Join any time after beginners. Level: join in after any beginner Bachata level or if you are at Intermediate level already.
Be informed- Join the email Newsletter (below)
New dance classes coming soon, join email below or enrol.
*FT Course Level: • *FT: Fast Track, these courses progress faster than a regular beginners course. Ideal for absolute beginners & anyone who has had some partner dancing experience or if you have done Bachata before, this is a chance to recap and learn more. • This is a fun & easy class & your first one is FREE but only in the 1st week. Learn all the basics of most of the styles of Bachata traditional style. Once you have completed the beginners Bachata. You may join the next level Intermediate Bachata Level.
Regardless of your dance level in other styles its always best to start at the beginning, we've redesigned this course for the absolute beginner in mind. No Partners Needed either.
Class 201-301 Level: • Join this level when you have finished any beginner level. This 8 week course covers new combos each 8 weeks the shines start over with a new set to learn, so essentially the Intermediate never ends. You will learn new styling, combos, turn patterns & styles including Traditional, Dominican, Moderna, Bachatango. Take your bachata to new levels. This level ranges from Improver level to Intermediate level 201-301 range. Join in at any time.
• Free 1st Class in Beginners (1st week only)
• Casuals Class $15 or
• Salsa Latina Concession Cards & Gold Cards Welcome,
more about prices here >
• What is Bachata? Bachata is a style of dance that originated in the Dominican Republic & is a popular dance that is danced in Salsa event, socials & parties as well, its a very easy dance to pick learn & is fun to dance. It is danced widely all over the world but not identically. The basics to the dance are three-step with a Cuban hip motion, followed by a tap including a hip movement on the 4th beat.
• What Bachata Styles will I learn? You will learn a touch of all of these throughout the levels.
• Traditional Style Bachata is the most simple, great to start with. With easy turns, footwork & patterns.
• Dominican styles of Bachata including dominican shines.
• Bachata Moderna style has modern elements & some influences from tango & other styles of partner dancing.
Bachata Tango or Bachatango is a new style that has even more tango influence with new fundamentals & is popular in Italy & Spain.
Join the Newsletter
Informed of Dance News, Classes & Eventsin Christchurch and Major Salsa events, shows, specials, discounts, cancelations, competitions within New Zealand.